If you never used a toner for something other than printers here’s why you should..
Skin toners are created usually in a lotion or liquid form designed to cleans the skin, minimize the appearance of pores, also helps fight and prevent acne.
There are three types of facial toners:
Skin Bracers or Fresheners
This is the lightest form of a toner. A skin bracer or refresher usually contains 0-10% alcohol and glycerol. The glycerol, a humectant helps keep the moisture in the upper layers of the skin. A perfect example is rosewater.
A skin tonic is a slightly stronger type of toner. It usually contains up to %20 percent alcohol, water and a humectant. Skin tonics are perfect for oily, normal, or combination skin.
This type of toner is the stronger form of toner containing 20-60% of alcohol along with antiseptic ingredients, water and a humectant. Usually recommended for oily skin for it’s drying result. Also, highly suggested to use a water base moisturizer.
Toners are usually applied with a cloth or cotton round over the face avoiding eyes and lips.
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
- Mix one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water
- Soak a cotton pad or ball and gently sweep it all over your face
- Use after cleansing face before putting on a moisturizer
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice (include the lemon zest as well)
- 1 cup distilled water
- and 2/3 cups of witch hazel (or any oil you please)
- Combine all the ingredients together in a spray bottle
- Keep in a refrigerator for storage up to a month