Have you tried every shampoo and conditioner at all your local stores to try and help with the dry hair sitting atop your dry, itchy scalp? Did you know that the best way to cure a dry scalp is conditioning? Read on to find out how you can turn your dry hair back to a healthy state.
The best way to cure a dry scalp is to do deep conditioning treatments. You can try buying deep conditioning masks or you can make your own at home!
Mayonaise is essentially made out of eggs and oil. (So really it’s the same of doing a regular egg mask.) Mayonaise contains vinegar which helps disinfect your hair from fungus and other bacterias that cause dryness and itchiness.
- Apply 1/2 cup of mayonnaise on already dry hair.
- Massage mayonnaise into scalp.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water before shampooing as usual.
Try to use coconut olive oil or regular olive oil works fine as well. Using oil as a deep treatment helps with dryness because the scalp being dry is also caused by natural oils being stripped from your hair.
- Warm up some oil on a saucepan. (Be sure not to make it too hot. Remember, this will be applied to your scalp.)
- Take off the oil from the heat and let it cool down for about 30 seconds or more.
- Apply the oil in sections using hair clips
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Note: If you’re worried of excessive oil then don’t rub too much into the scalp.
You can also just add a few drops of tea tree oil into your conditioner.
Even though honey is sticky and it seems a little too risky to put in your hair, don’t worry, if you know what you’re doing everything will work out smoothly.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons pure vegetable glycerin, and two tablespoons of honey.
- Use this mixture with your usual conditioner. Combine two parts conditioner with one part honey conditioner.
Note: Honey can lighten your hair, so be very careful.
No ‘Poo No Problem
Instead of washing your hair with both shampoo and conditioner try using just conditioner. Using only conditioner for a while in your usual hair washing routine is very healthy for your hair. Shampoo strips your hair from its natural oils. And what does conditioner do? Conditions! Try switching it up for a while and I guarantee you, you’ll no longer have a dry scalp!
I know it seems weird to try to put salt in your hair. In fact most people think it will dry out your hair, however, that is not the case- especially if you’re dealing with dandruff. Using salt will help as an exfoliator in your hair. Use just a pinch of salt and massage it on your scalp (or where the dandruff is). Later, remove the salt by washing your hair.
Here are three previous posts I’ve made for homemade hair masks.
Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
Why You Should Wash Your Hair With Apple Cider Vinegar
I hope this post helps!! 🙂 xxx