You do know you can use your faux eyelashes more than once, right? Yeah, I know what you’re probably thinking.
“Ewwww… But they’re so dirty how can I use them more than once?”
You clean them.
I know for some that’s the obvious choice but you have no clue how many people throw away a perfectly good (and expensive) pair of falsies because they think it’s a one time thing. Perhaps you’re one of them.
It’s very simple to clean them because all you need is
- A really small bowl to put your lashes in
- A cotton swab
- Makeup remover (duh!)
- False lashes case (optional)
- Paper towel
- Olive oil or tea tree oil (optional)
The way I like to clean my false lashes is very easy.
Here are the steps
- Place your lashes in small bowl
- Grab a cotton swab and soak it in makeup remover
- Gently go over your lashes with the cotton swab to remove any residue makeup such as mascara
- Put a drop or two of makeup remover in small bowl with your lashes (if you have olive oil or tea tree oil put a drop or two along with it. This helps soften the lashes and also helps with the cleanup!)
- Take your tweezers and remove the adhesive on the lash band. Be careful for you do not want to pull apart the lashes!
- If you have an eyelash case handy, first place the false lashes on a paper towel and gently press down to remove the oils. Then, using your tweezers place them back onto the case and reform the shape of the lashes while separating them.
- Let it dry completely!
Hope this helps! If you have a different way of cleaning your lashes let me know down in the comments! 🙂