Acne medication can be relatively pricey at times and majority of people love at home remedies. I know I do. I use home remedies all the time.
When a problem area occurs on the face you’d try everything to get rid of it over night. However, if all else fails give toothpaste a try.
Toothpaste has hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, alcohol and witch hazel which are all acne fighting ingredients. Unfortunately, using all these ingredients combined may be harmful to the skin causing dryness. However, it does not happen to all. If you are considering to try out this remedy and you have sensitive skin try it on for about 15 minutes. If you can handle 15 minutes try 20 if you can handle 20 then try 30. The longer it stays on the more it fights the problem.
How to Use Toothpaste to Fight Acne
- Go for a white colored paste, not one with blue or red stripes. The reason why is because all the ingredients to help fight acne are in the white part of the paste. The colored sections may carry ingredients that might irritate the skin.
- Wash your face as usual. Like any other treatment it is important to start off with fresh, clean, dry skin.
- Squeeze a little bit of toothpaste onto your finger, the back of your hand or onto a cotton swab.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste directly onto the pimple.
- Leave the toothpaste on for 15 minutes to two hours. Whichever fits your preference.
- Repeat this no more than four times a week
Note: NEVER try to use toothpaste as an alternative to acne medication. It’s a great trick to battle acne overnight however, as stated earlier. It may cause irritation and dry out the skin.