Aspirin is used for anti-inflammatory, reduces fevers and cures headaches. However, what if I told you asprin can be used not only to heal muscle aches but can also be used to heal acne. The effective ingredient in aspirin is chemically similar to salicylic acid, which helps exfoliate skin/treat acne. If you’re struggling with blemish-prone complexion, try out an aspirin mask.
You will need:
- Four or five uncoated aspirin pills
- A table spoon or two of lukewarm water
- Honey or plain yogurt (optional)
- Mix the aspirin pills with just enough water to make a paste (if you want a thicker mask then add just one drop of honey; if you’re looking for a more soothing mask then adding some plain yogurt will do the trick.)
- Apply a thin layer of the mask and allow it to dry.
- Remove it with warm water, rinsing away in a circular motion.
Please note: Some people are allergic to aspirin, so try a test on your forearm before applying the mixture all over your face.