Coconut oil has been the constant rave all of 2015 and I never understood why. Of course, that was until I tested it out that I fully comprehend why it is now. I just started to do a coconut oil deep conditioning hair treatment for my hair and in all honesty in just my first use I already spotted improvement in my hair. Coconut oil penetrates hair more deeply and faster than other conditioners. It helps repair split ends, moisturizes your scalp and adds a healthy glow. I’ve been dealing with a bunch of split ends and very weak hair do to having very thin hair, straightening it every week and having my full head of hair dyed for a little over a year now.
To use coconut oil as a deep conditioning hair mask treatment follow these easy steps:
- Make sure you have enough time for this treatment. An hour or two will work just fine however, it’s best recommended to leave it in over night. (The longer you leave coconut oil on your hair, the more effective it will be!)
- Wash your hair and let it air dry while you prepare for the next steps.
- You will need a comb, shower cap or small towel, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), and of course coconut oil.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, not taking on water inside the smaller bowl.
- Once your coconut oil comes to its melting point use your fingers to gently massage the oil into your hair, then work through with a comb.
- After you’ve finished applying the oil, wrap your hair in a small towel or shower cap and allow it to soak in for a few hours or overnight.
- To remove the oil just wash your hair again with shampoo.